Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Album Review: Fireflight - For Those Who Wait

Well here goes nothing, my first dive into personal blogging.

Welcome to MelodyHunt.com

For my first album review I'm doing a band that has been around for a few years, but I had never heard of them until about a week ago. Fireflight is an alternative, christian rock band from Eustis, Florida that formed back in 1999. Since they have a few albums out, I took a look at their most recent, For Those Who Wait.

The album starts out strong with their title song, For Those Who Wait, which grabs your attention with a nice melodic intro and then blends into the rock that they are known for. Not only did the music get my attention right from the start, but the biggest thing that surprised me at first listen was the lead singer, Dawn Michele's, voice. Rock bands that have a female lead singer have always caught my attention because of the fact that you get a great sound mix with the rock instrumentals and also great vocals. In comparison I put Fireflight alongside with greats such as Flyleaf and even Evanescence, minus the dark lyrics.




Going further into the album you get a great mix of songs that get you drumming along with the fast paced beat such as "New Perspective", and others that calm you down with their melodic sounds such as "Name". But not only do you get a great sound out of them, you get great lyrical content. The words behind the songs have a good meaning to them and can make you relate to the music more with the way they make you think and draw you in. I'm a music lover that always examines the lyrics in all the songs I listen to, and more times than not, a song could have a great sound to it, but if the lyrics aren't appealing, I won't listen to it.




All in all, Fireflight is a band that I definitely recommend giving some time and attention to. They may not be completely main stream yet, but we always root for the underdog here at MelodyHunt. So give them a listen, hit the link to Amazon to get this album, then leave some comments to let me know what you think.

No comments :

Post a Comment