Friday, August 5, 2011

Album Review: The Vaccines - What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?

Well this is my first Melodyhunt Blog post and I just want say hello to all of my fellow music surfers out there. When asked to take part in this blogging venture, The Vaccines really popped out at me as my first band to review. The Vaccines are up for a MTV award for being the best new band of the year. The Vaccines formed in London, England on January 5th 2010. The debut album under Columbia records came out on March 21st 2011 titled, “What did you expect from the Vaccines”.



If you’re a little more seasoned like me,
than this album is definitely
going to take you back.

The Vaccines have been compared to THE RAMONES, The Strokes, and countless others, and are just a good solid band. Songs like “If you wanna”, “Wolf Pack”, “Post Break-up sex” really get my feet tapping and I find myself not being able to control my smile. I see a lot of success in this bands future, because they definitely have all the ingredients to be really great.  If you have not heard them before, give them a listen with the MP3 player below:
The Vaccines have been compared to
THE RAMONES, The Strokes,
and countless others.

 

A few of my favorite tracks: 

“If You Wanna”- A simple song with rhythm like a heartbeat gets me every time, and that’s what this songs all about. The song writers heart beats for the one he lost and wants them to know that everything will be alright if they want to comeback. A Simple message with a driving beat that The Vaccines are getting known for.

“Wolf Pack”- This song is just fun from beginning to end and even has a great bridge in between the verses. The beat is steady and bright and gives the impression that the songwriter doesn’t want to talk to anyone, which gives the song that comedic flavor.


“Post Break-Up Sex”- A song about the effects of trying to be intimate when your breaking up, which we all know is quite awkward. The driving beat of this song stays with you for a long time, so listen with caution.

No comments :

Post a Comment