Friday, August 12, 2011

Album Review: Widowspeak - Widowspeak


Widowspeak” came across my journey for new music in these
last couple weeks, this band struck me with haunting passion. The kind of haunting that you get when no
matter what you’re doing the music makes you forget everything and just listen.
Molly Hamilton is the lead singer, Michael Stasiak is on drums, and Robert Earl
Thomas on guitar. The band formed in New
York although Molly and Michael are originally from Tacoma,Washington. Which effects the genre of there music in a
fashion where Widowspeak differs from most of the bands I’ve heard from New York. “Widowspeak” incorporate 60’s rock and Indies pop into all of the songs.
And strayed away from the conformity of techno-pop which a lot of New York
bands are known for. “Widowspeak” has the most entrancing vocals I’ve heard since “The Doors."  Check out the player below to listen to their music:






Gun shy- Starts out with that famous guitar twang of the 60’s
and burrows deep In the soul. I waited with anticipation too see where they
would go in this song with the melody. And I couldn't have been more pleasantly
surprised. Definitely give this one a listen!


Harsh Realm- This is a personal favorite of mine, simple
rhythm, entrancing vocals and the feeling of being tugged along begging for
more. The mood and passion just ooze
from this song and I plan on playing it over and over on my next road trip. Enjoy!

“Widowspeak” has the most entrancing vocals I’ve heard since “The Doors”.




Wicked Game (Chris Isaak)- A classic from the 90’s is reborn
and I for one am quite happy with this performance by “Widowspeak”. Beautiful
rendition of the vocals and guitar work as well. Tells the story of love and
the games we play.
Support Widowspeak by purchasing their album on Amazon

Or, Support Widowspeak by purchasing their album on iTunes

No comments :

Post a Comment