Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Album Review: Along Came A Spider-After The Silence

Welcome back fellow music lovers to MelodyHunt. Enjoy.

So this week I'm turning the tables and going with a band that really caught my attention in a different way than previous bands. Along Came A Spider jumped out at me right from the start with their all around great sound. Their EP, After The Silence drew me in at first With an overall sound that is heavy but also very lyrical at just the right times. After listening to this album it makes you want to jump in a mosh pit and start throwin' 'bows. In comparison, I would list them beside bands such as All That Remains, Atreyu, and even Underoath.

The first song on their EP, The Overdose On Tylenol, comes at you head on by mixing a great guitar melody, and heavy drums, then not holding back and throwing everything at you. This one was definitely my favorite on the EP, and why not lead off with the best.


Going deeper into the album you get a mix of deep, heavy lyrics, and some great vocals. With other songs on the album like Murder Is Just A Phase, which starts out with an unexpected but welcomed synth intro, and A Pleasure Cruise Aboard The Titanic, which grabs you with a rhythmic drum intro.

Each song on this album has its own unique sound, all the while remaining true to their metal core. This is what helps set them apart from other metal-hardcore bands. The vocals in their songs keep the sound fresh, and controls the tempo by mixing a deep heavy scream and higher vocals.

All in all, I highly recommend Along Came A Spider for every metal fan. They are a great new sound in a genre that is struggling for new material. Comment below to tell me what you think. Support them by clicking on the links below and purchasing After The Silence on Amazon or iTunes.





3 comments :

  1. I agree, this album was great. Although a big part of this album was KJ in my opinion, and if you like the vocals or if you want to hear them even better used I would check out his new band IAMREVENGE. The new lineup for Along Came a Spider has a new sound as well I would listen to their new song because it has a different feel then this album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get to listen to their new song and I agree it does have a different feel to it but not a bad change. The reason I chose this album is because it was the only complete one I found from them, when the new one comes it will be great as well. Thanks for pointing out a new band for me, I'll check them out and possibly even do a review for them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting both Along Came a Spider and IAMREVENGE are going to be performing at Peabody's on August 20'th. We are creatures of habit after all, aren't we? Haha.

    ReplyDelete